SNAP / EBT
SNAP/EBT (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/Electronic Benefit Transaction) helps North Carolina low-income households have healthy diets and you can now use the SNAP benefits card at Kerr Drug.
North Carolina Households CAN use the benefits to buy:
- All food intended to be eaten at home. This includes the four staple food categories as well as non-alcoholic beverages, snack foods, soft drinks, candy, and ice.
- Seeds and plants intended to grow food (but not for growing flowers or feeding to birds).
Households CANNOT use the benefits to buy:
- beer, wine, liquor, tobacco, or cigarettes
- oods that are hot to the point of sale
- food to be eaten in the store
- vitamins or medicines
- pet foods
- non-food items such as tissues, soaps, cosmetics, or other household goods
Available at most Kerr Drug stores. Click here to find a store near you!
For more information on the SNAP Program, simply click here for the USDA webpage.